Our blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in a few seconds. If not, click
http://www.thegeigleyfamily.com
and update your bookmarks.

Saturday, November 19, 2005

Just me and Falyn for the weekend.

Justin's Peepaw is pretty sick, and has been in the hospital for about a week. He has some sort of infection in his blood, a collapsed ventrical in his heart, and they are not sure what else. They can't seem to find the source of the infection. Yesterday he had an MRI, and we'll know those results soon. They also want to run some tests on his heart, but aren't sure that he's strong enough to handle them. He was only awake for about 4 hours all day yesterday. Laurie (Justin's mom) is pretty torn up, as you can imagine, and both of his aunts and her have all been there with him. Justin left at 5am this morning with Faith to go and see him...just in case. I would have gone too, but I have to work tonight. :( Please send our family your prayers and thoughts. I'm sure Justin will be a mess, and I hate that I can't be there with him. He offered to take both the girls, and let me have a w/e to myself, but at this point, I don't think he would have been able to handle both of them, and focus on Peepaw. So, Falyn and I get some quality time...and right now we're veggin' out in our jammies in bed! LOL

Anyway, Peepaw has led a long and wonderful life. I know he was in the Navy during the war, on a minesweeper ship. Justin has in the last few days told me more and more stories about the time they spent together. Just in the 6 years that I have known him, I have grown a deep respect for him. He's such a good man. He's 85(?) years old, had 4 children, countless grandchildren, Falyn and Faith make his 16th & 17th GREAT-grandchildren, and Justin and I were figuring it out the other day, he just became a GREAT-GREAT Peepaw when Justin's second cousin had a baby recently!! How amazing to live long enough to see 5 generations of your family!! Awesome!!

xoxox

1 comment:

Paige said...

I'm sorry to hear that Gina. I'll definitely say a prayer for him and the family. I know how hard it is to lose someone you love so much.