Our blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in a few seconds. If not, click
http://www.thegeigleyfamily.com
and update your bookmarks.

Friday, September 14, 2007

Well....it's almost official...

It's really hard to believe that after this year apart that Justin will have to head straight to a ship. I pretty much feel it's unfair....I'm upset, sick, mad, it's HARD, I miss my "side kick" and my best friend....you name it, I'm feeling it...but who am I to argue with the Navy? They don't care what I have to say. They don't care about how hard it is for me to watch the girls cry daily for their daddy. They only care about the needs of the Navy...and what needs to be filled. Blah.

Ok, that's the selfish side of me. The realistic side is saying, yea, I knew this was coming, but I still don't have to like it. I don't have to agree with it. BUT I also see how it works out for us in the long run. I see how it puts Justin's very last tour before retirement on shore, and he is there for the kids in (gulp) High School. Blah, blah, blah....I still don't have to like it. Last orders cycle there was nothing but Iraq and Afghanistan available....YEA RIGHT!! Justin said that if that came up this cycle (it's monthly) that he was NOT going to reenlist. Scary thought either way. We were watching for orders to either Jacksonville, FL or San Diego. Thankfully, a few other options came available....and we are lucky enough to get to return to San Diego. We "officially" have verbal orders back to San Diego. Justin will serve on the USS Germantown. We are very excited, as we loved being there before! It will really be different this go-round without Ryan, Angie, Jeremy and Venus...but we have Jason and Jebbye & kids, so that will be GREAT! We are looking at base housing this time, as they have a really nice new neighborhood in Pacific Beach.

So, anyway....that's my little update for the time being. Nothing TOO exciting going on these days yet. We signed Falyn up for Girl Scouts and that should start in a few weeks (be prepared to buy cookies!!!) and then soccer starts soon too. Faith is going to start gymnastics soon too....so....busy me!! Hopefully that makes these last months of the year go by fast.

Here's the boat!



XOXOXO

1 comment:

Paige said...

Well, if you ever get the chance to go to Jacksonville take it! We will be back down there ourselves next summer. I'd love to be able to hang out.